sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2018 6:16 pm  #1

​New York's WFAN: Binge Drinking, Fighting & Threesomes Says Lawsuit

If what a lawsuit from a fired female ad salesperson named Lauren Lockwood claims is true, the atmosphere at the world’s first and most famous all sports station – CBS's WFAN New York – is more like a zoo.

Allegations range from sexual harassment, proposals for threesomes, paid trips to strip clubs, binge drinking and violence. And that’s just part of it. Many of the complaints are against an on-air host named Joe Benigo. It's important to note that none of the claims have been proven in court. But they're certainly sensational. 

From the New York Post:

“Benigno showed [Lockwood] a nude photo of his wife with a prostitute and propositioned [Lockwood] to join him, his wife and a prostitute in sexual intercourse,” according to the complaint….

“In a luxury suite at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, a brawl broke out between a former male ad exec Lockwood brought as a guest and two current CBS Radio employees over the relative talents of the boxers, the suit claims.

As Lockwood moved to break up the fight, she was punched in the face, according to the suit.”

Wow.

And you thought your work place was bad!

Joe Benigno’s threesome come-ons in middle of WFAN’s frat-house lawsuit

July 19, 2018 6:25 pm  #2

Re: ​New York's WFAN: Binge Drinking, Fighting & Threesomes Says Lawsuit

RadioActive wrote:

from sexual harassment, proposals for threesomes, paid trips to strip clubs, binge drinking and violence.

This is nothing new -- this sounds like the station I worked at in the 80's.  Good times. 

August 23, 2018 8:54 am  #3

Re: ​New York's WFAN: Binge Drinking, Fighting & Threesomes Says Lawsuit

And it gets worse.

If any of this is true, it's beyond imagination that a company like CBS would allow this to go on.

Ex-employees detail shocking ‘anything goes’ culture at CBS Radio

(I know someone who worked with and is a good friend of Dan Taylor and he told me that he's a great guy. My friend is extremely credible and I'd trust almost anything he says. So I have no idea what to make of these allegations beyond that I hope they're not true - but fear they likely are.)