sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2018 2:10 pm  #1

Dean Blundell is back...on the Rock 94.9 mornings

I am not sure if this was posted before, but I am thinking Dean Blundell is happy to be back on air after begin off it for a year...

Here is more about his guest spots on the Rock's morning show with Craig and Lucky

https://deanblundell.com/audio-heres-my-first-foray-into-radio-in-a-year-with-the-boys-for-94-9-the-rock-in-toronto/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

July 19, 2018 3:45 pm  #2

Re: Dean Blundell is back...on the Rock 94.9 mornings

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

94-9-the-rock-in-toronto

He doesn't even know WHERE the station is located? That station is IN OSHAWA.

July 19, 2018 4:20 pm  #3

Tim Brown 2016 wrote:

Oshawa is in the Greater Toronto Area. That's good enough for me.

Oshawa is also in Durham Region. And, according to the CRTC, it's an Oshawa station. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2006/db2006-406.htm -- accuracy is good enough for me.

July 19, 2018 4:59 pm  #4

Have to side with cGrant on this one.

The Rock along with KX96 broadcast from a building on the perimeter of the Oshawa Airport.

The GTA includes Toronto and 4 adjacent Regions.  Having left Toronto after 39 years;  I have lived in Durham (Ajax and now Whitby) for over 20 and can safely say that there is still a big difference between the City of Toronto and the many municipalities (including Oshawa) that exist outside it..

July 19, 2018 9:21 pm  #5

Absolutely.

The FAN gig never made sense when it was announced and his "style and background" never proved a good fit for sports radio.

July 20, 2018 1:36 am  #6

cGrant wrote:

Tim Brown 2016 wrote:

Oshawa is in the Greater Toronto Area. That's good enough for me.

Oshawa is also in Durham Region. And, according to the CRTC, it's an Oshawa station. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2006/db2006-406.htm -- accuracy is good enough for me.

I agree heavily with cGrant on this one. Plus also, if you own a home deep in Oshawa and you go to Downtown Toronto to do all your shopping, you are a fool. 

Last edited by Radiowiz (July 20, 2018 2:03 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 20, 2018 7:34 pm  #7

No argument here.

I cannot recall the last time I ventured as far as Scarborough to shop,  let alone Downtown TO..

July 20, 2018 8:29 pm  #8

Meanwhile, Blundell weighs in on this week's firing of a prominent Winnipeg shock jock, who finally pushed things too far after many warnings. Sound familiar?

It appears Blundell is trying to backpedal from his own notorious past and he insists he's changed.

From the CBC:

"[He] admits he's taken years to accept responsibility for a controversial run on The Edge that branded him one of the country's most outrageously crass personalities.

Now, Blundell considers himself "a catalyst for change," and sees that part of his career much differently: "It was wrong."

"And you know what? I regret it. I absolutely regret it," he says of his over-the-top comments.

"When you can look at life clearly, you can see where you're the issue.... Everything that's happened in my life — negative or positive — was caused by me, I am the author of it, not the victim of it and I think once I realized that I was able to kind of figure, 'Well, hold it a second. You have some growing up to do."'

Whether that will be enough to get him back on the air on a regular basis is entirely another matter. 

Former radio shock-jock sympathizes with downfall of Dave Wheeler

July 21, 2018 4:06 am  #9

His initials, D.B., could also stand for a less than flattering description of his previous on-air personality.

Everybody loves a comeback story. If Dean shows up on Toronto radio again, I'd listen for a few shows, and see if his new I was the author of my own misfortune but I am no longer that callous fellow awareness is the real thing, or clever self generated p.r. type spin to get himself one more kick at the can(s). ;)

Last edited by betaylored (July 21, 2018 4:26 am)