sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2018 1:39 pm  #1

All In The Family?

Interesting developments in Toronto. Toronto Mike reports that Adam Wylde left Rogers and Kiss 92.5. however he has some pre recorded segments for the weekend but then he is done. Word is he will be headed to Chum FM mornings to join Roger and Marilyn. Eventually the plan seems to be that when Roger and Marilyn retires the morning show is his. I have heard rumblings that his mom is looking to retire (mom is Marilyn)

June 25, 2018 2:21 pm  #2

Re: All In The Family?

Surprised he wasnt working at CHUM already based on his mom's (Marilyn Denis) potential connections.

June 25, 2018 3:27 pm  #3

No offence, but with the CHUM 1045 brand refresh last week, I'm sorry, Roger and Marilyn just don't fit the format. They are clearly skewing younger, much younger towards females. It has a "pop"ier feel and having geriatrics headlining their morning drive just seems way out of place.

Yes, I am going to be trashed on this post. But, let's parse this. The ONLY reason they are still there is out of loyalty and tradition. Be honest now. From a business point of view, they are not going to get their demo ears by listening to someone "trying" to be hip.

Further, if Adam is from Kiss, a young-young demo and was good, clearly he's clearing his NC and waiting for the chance.

June 25, 2018 5:19 pm  #4

I welcome the idea that Adam could easily be the Canadian Ryan Seacrest. 
Perhaps also replace his mother on the TV side, maybe?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 25, 2018 5:24 pm  #5

cGrant wrote:

They are clearly skewing younger, much younger towards females.

Doesn't sister station Virgin radio do that already? What's the deal there?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 25, 2018 5:30 pm  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

cGrant wrote:

They are clearly skewing younger, much younger towards females.

Doesn't sister station Virgin radio do that already? What's the deal there?

As does CHFI (Rogers). I guess Toronto radio doesn't include men anymore. #BringBackMojo #MeToo

Regardless, their morning drive needs to be nuked. Bring in Adam and some ditzy Millennial/GenZ Guaranteed Giggler.

Basically, anyone without a penis and over 34 aren't of value to GTA's Armpit.