sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2018 11:15 pm  #1

Gord Martineau

When Gord Martineau left City TV - almost instantly he began appearing on Newstalk1010 as a contributor.

The morning show with John Moore in particular I think.

He was pleased to be there he said -- they where pleased to have him they said...but

Do my ears deceive me or did that not last very long?

Anyone know why?

He's not on Newstalk 1010 any longer is he?

Short run

May 9, 2018 7:26 am  #2

Re: Gord Martineau

They wouldn't give him a script.

May 9, 2018 12:23 pm  #3

I remember enjoying hearing Gord when he was on Newstalk1010 roundtable discussions. After reading, and reporting the news, it must be fun as hell to have the freedom to put your own views forward. I would love to hear Gord on the radio again. In fact, I think if Newstalk put Gord together with the news reporters from 1010, and had a regular news roundtable it would be worth listening to. Possibly Mike B. could entice Dave Agar to join in, and come out of retirement once a week. A hot stove league but for news instead of hockey.

ICYMI Kate Wheeler and Christine Bentley have a podcast, content is always needed and the broadcast world is full of people who still have something to offer.

Last edited by betaylored (May 9, 2018 5:37 pm)

May 9, 2018 3:34 pm  #4

That's just plain unfair.
I was minding my own business, oblivious to the vile **** I goings herein. I was pulled in by RA's obsession with me, and I'm loving this place.
it's exhilarating to be the sole employed contributor to this forum, and I'm confused as to why I'm being ignored, or worse.

July 20, 2018 9:22 am  #5

Well what do you know?

Gord Martineau back on the round table at 8:48 this morning

First time in a long time?