sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2015 12:32 pm  #1

Buffalo Radio AM Drivetime Teams To Be Featured On Local Morning Show

WIVB's "Wake Up" morning show will be doing a five-day long feature this week called "On The Radio," going behind the scenes with some of the top music DJs in the Queen City. Among those scheduled to be profiled are the people behind the mics at 97 Rock (WGRF), Mix 96 (WMSX), Alt 107 (WLKK), WYRK and The Edge 103.3 (WEDG.)  

I doubt anyone here will deliberately get up to watch this, but you might hit on it while you're tuning around getting ready for the AM grind. And you may be able to catch them later on their website

July 13, 2015 12:56 pm  #2

Re: Buffalo Radio AM Drivetime Teams To Be Featured On Local Morning Show

Sure enough, the first segment - featuring longtime WGRF morning man Larry Norton - showed up on Channel 4's website Monday, although almost the entire thing seemed to centre on the Rolling Stones show in Buffalo and almost nothing on the station itself or its personalities. I do have one question though. Having long ago moved onto TV, it's been years since I was in an actual radio studio. Is that really an entire row of carts I see on the right hand side of the screen in the video at around the 6:30 mark? Or maybe they're CDs. Either way, I thought those went out with the dodo. Does anyone still use them? Or are those something else entirely?

Larry Norton on WGRF

Last edited by RadioActive (July 13, 2015 1:01 pm)

July 13, 2015 1:18 pm  #3

Re: Buffalo Radio AM Drivetime Teams To Be Featured On Local Morning Show

RadioActive wrote:

Is that really an entire row of carts I see on the right hand side of the screen in the video at around the 6:30 mark? Or maybe they're CDs. Either way, I thought those went out with the dodo. Does anyone still use them? Or are those something else entirely?

Denon CD cases I believe.  It's generally the sign of an unreliable automation system, or a very very bad backup plan .

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.