sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 10, 2017 10:13 am  #1

"Can you handle a pen and that at the same time?" radio hosts quips

On the first roundtable discussion on Newstalk 1010 this morning, comedian Louis C.K.'s proclivity for self pleasuring himself during certain business meetings was tossed around, with a fair amount of wit, including one funny line from host John Moore, "Can you handle a pen and that at the same time?"

With politicians "approaching" 14 year old girls, various Hollywood types being accused of sexual assault, and other assorted mayhem, I admire the way radio hosts, for the most part, have been discussing these tricky topics this week, though I suspect some parents may have been suddenly switching to sports radio at times. ;)

FWIW: It should be 'host' not 'hosts' in the subject header, and 'self pleasuring himself' is redundant. Busy day. Typed quickly.

Last edited by betaylored (November 10, 2017 4:45 pm)

November 10, 2017 10:59 am  #2

Re: "Can you handle a pen and that at the same time?" radio hosts quips

If this continues, you've got to wonder how thin the playlist will be for Funny 820's all comedy format.

They've already lost a huge amount of material from Bill Cosby, which they used to air extensively.

Kevin Spacey was once a stand-up and for obvious reasons, none of his stuff is on any longer.  

For a while, Kathy Griffin got the boot (although she was never funny to me, she appears to have returned to the rotation somewhat.)

And now Louis CK may be questionable and verboten, despite the huge amount of material his career has provided. 

If more revelations come out from other big stars, they may just have to change the format because there won't be anyone left to play!

November 10, 2017 2:13 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

If this continues, you've got to wonder how thin the playlist will be for Funny 820's all comedy format ..

As long as they keep playing John Pinette I'm happy.  That guy cracks me up.

November 10, 2017 2:53 pm  #4

Sadly you won't be hearing anything new from Pinette. He passed away from heart troubles in 2014. But I agree, he was a terrifically funny guy. And few would say "nay nay" to that.