sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2017 8:58 am  #1

Newstalk 1010's host does own show/fills in on another SAME DAY

Yesterday morning, Jay Michaels filled in for Roger on CHUM's morning show, then did his own co-hosting gig on 1010, and he had great energy (and probably a lot of caffeine.)

Today, Friday, John Moore who does 1010's morning show, announced he's filling in for Evan Solomon (sic?) this afternoon.

Is this some sort of cross-pollination radio style to encourage listeners to check out other shows? Or is Bell counting pennies, so to speak?

October 27, 2017 9:22 am  #2

Re: Newstalk 1010's host does own show/fills in on another SAME DAY

I know in Johns case he’s really looking forward to it. The morning show clock is incredibly restrictive when it comes to really getting deeply into interviews, topics and issues. I’d guess it will be pretty liberating  looking at the segment out timer .  Not to mention the network thing is a buzz.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

October 28, 2017 1:08 am  #3

Re: Newstalk 1010's host does own show/fills in on another SAME DAY

ig wrote:

I know in Johns case he’s really looking forward to it. The morning show clock is incredibly restrictive when it comes to really getting deeply into interviews, topics and issues. I’d guess it will be pretty liberating  looking at the segment out timer .  Not to mention the network thing is a buzz.

So bummed I missed John's debut. I caught his tweet about the show and he was well chuffed, as the Brits say, at the chance to do it. Hope he gets to do it again. I bet he aced it.