sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2017 8:45 am  #1

Ex-Citytv & AM740's John Gallagher On Key Early Moment In His Career

In a Facebook entry reposted on fyimusicnews.ca, former Q107, Citytv & AM 740 personality John Gallagher, who has a memoir coming out later this year, relates a key moment in his early career that still stands out as a highlight.

John Gallagher Makes His Pitch...At The Ball Game

Now if he can just find the actual tape. As he notes on his FB page in an answer to a question about the article: .

" it's easy to find ! … It's on a tape that I'm sure doesn't say All-Star game 82 on it…In an unmarked box…in the garage…Under the furniture that I took from Q107's lobby… When Don Shafer took over in 87...and next to the effing picture of Tim Raines but I can't find but was looking for all day today!!!LOL

August 2, 2017 11:06 am  #2

Re: Ex-Citytv & AM740's John Gallagher On Key Early Moment In His Career

I've worked with Gallagher over the years and the one thing I can say with assurance is that when he's on air, there's never any need to turn up the volume!

August 2, 2017 11:09 am  #3

You can hear John Gallagher starting at about 40:08 of this clip from Q 107 recorded in the early 90's on a VCR:

Q 107 David Pritchard

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

August 2, 2017 1:18 pm  #4

This show could use a hit..

http://www.nextsportstar.com/index.php/show/nss-live-july-27-2017/

grilled.cheese wrote:

Frank D'Angelo recently threatened to Fire John on Frank's hit sports show, NSS.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

August 2, 2017 1:48 pm  #5

grilled.cheese wrote:

Wilbur Waters, Phil Esposito, John Gallagher and Franceso D'Angelo are four huge names in the media "biz" (that means business).  The hits speak for themselves.  

They were.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

August 2, 2017 2:25 pm  #6

ig wrote:

They were.  

The future is strong: Chantal Hebert, Shelagh Rogers, Ann Rohmer, Pamela Wallin & Mary Walsh.    Pussy galore.