sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2017 11:00 pm  #1

Broadcasters Foundation of America

Anyone ever heard of this outfit??

I heard a commercial on the overnight shift a couple of nights ago promoting this foundation...

It caught my attention when they said  they are in the business of helping down and out radio and television people...

So I went to their web page and sure enough they're 100 per cent legit...

Headquartered in the high rent district of New York city they have a both board of governors and board of directors filled to the brim with credible, high profile powerful broadcast people from the likes of CBS, Premiere Networks and iHeart radio....big shots all....  

Two names deeply involved that stood out right away where Debra Norville and George Stephanopoulus.

The organization has been around for 60 plus years and state their mission like this...

.......to improve the quality of life and maintain the dignity of men and women in the radio and television broadcast profession who find themselves in acute financial need due to critical accident, advanced age or other serious misfortune....

I had never heard of this group until a day or two ago....but it sounds like they do good work...

Your thoughts?

Last edited by unclefester (July 27, 2017 11:02 pm)