sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2017 2:09 pm  #1

July 2016 - radio hosts fascinated by this social phenomenon

It was this time last summer, when what seemed like a good chunk of the public became obsessed with playing Pokemon Go on their phones. Radio personalities had something interesting to explore during the slower news cycle. Business and marketing experts, and psychologists were consulted daily. How long would the craze last. Physicians were interviewed, and they approved of all the excercise, and social interaction the public was enjoying. And then it was over. So I wonder what will pop up this summer that'll be worth talking about. Last summer: lots of wacky cartoony characters. This summer: just one?

July 19, 2017 3:59 pm  #2

Re: July 2016 - radio hosts fascinated by this social phenomenon

Find Omar Khadr's money.

For Apple and Android. 

July 19, 2017 4:39 pm  #3

Spottaspy - the new listening platform for the Presidense.

July 19, 2017 6:22 pm  #4

...new topics are started by two broke college grads who were sick of old tired topics...

July 19, 2017 6:36 pm  #5

Chrisphen wrote:

...new topics are started by two broke college grads who were sick of old tired topics...

they were in a booth across from mine at High Street Fish 'n Chips today noon; they opted for cod although I offered to pay the difference for an upgrade to halibut.     It was a great day for talk radio.

geo

July 19, 2017 9:10 pm  #6

S'easy...as pie,  THIS summer Mike Love continues to bury the 'brand' with this yet again...for the umpteenth time...renewed memory of being stuck in the "don't 'f' with the formula" 60s.  Everything 'olde' is new again.  "Do it!!!  Do it!!!  Do it!!!  Do it!!

https://www.thebeachboys.com/news/watch-new-music-video-do-it-again

OR...catch Brian Wilson in Kitchener in September.  Now THAT'S summer!!!

Last edited by Old Codger (July 19, 2017 9:11 pm)

July 20, 2017 5:26 am  #7

Old Codger wrote:

Mike Love continues to bury the 'brand' . . . stuck in the "don't 'f' with the formula" 60s . . . catch Brian Wilson in Kitchener in September  

Rock 'n roll's been goin' downhill ever since Buddy Holly died

geo

July 20, 2017 9:55 am  #8

And so has that joke.

July 20, 2017 4:18 pm  #9

Prod Guy wrote:

And so has that joke.

John Milner astutely delivered those immortal words, fifty-five (55) years ago.    John continues to be a serious student of contemporary history and is not one to joke around.           Please show some respect.

July 20, 2017 5:44 pm  #10

Prod Guy wrote:

And so has that joke.

LIKE!!! 👆👍👍👍

July 21, 2017 6:12 am  #11

geo wrote:

Prod Guy wrote:

And so has that joke.

John Milner astutely delivered those immortal words, fifty-five (55) years ago.    John continues to be a serious student of contemporary history and is not one to joke around.           Please show some respect.

I had to Google "John Milner" and found a whole page of amazing character quotes from the movie "American Graffiti" including this one from Carol, "If I had a boyfriend, he'd pound you."

Time to hunt this classic down and watch it again, thanks geo!

July 24, 2017 11:20 am  #12

betaylored wrote:

I had to Google "John Milner" and found a whole page of amazing character quotes from the movie "American Graffiti" including this one from Carol, "If I had a boyfriend, he'd pound you."    Time to hunt this classic down and watch it again, thanks geo!

Always glad to help the next generation or two

geo

July 24, 2017 1:36 pm  #13

We should, though, geo point out that ol' Johnny Boy was dead-wrong.