sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sun Jun 11 2:33 pm  #1

Further to show hosts shilling...

What the hell happened to The Roy Green Show, on 640?  I used to like to go there to find refuge in the desolate wasteland that is weekend talk radio, but lately all he ever talks about is some 'Chronic Pain' remedy.  Please, if the show is just paid advertising, at least announce it as such.

Sun Jun 11 3:33 pm  #2

Re: Further to show hosts shilling...

Well, your first mistake was tuning into 640. Then, assuming they have non-shilled programming or yet another repeat of C2C. What a colossal shame that, in Canada's largest media market, a station cannot put on live and local programming. Forget the stigma of weekend ratings, there ARE people that are hungry for some kind of new programming and not the dog's breakfast of infomercial and reject/has-been menu from 1010.

Sun Jun 11 4:09 pm  #3

cGrant wrote:

Well, your first mistake was tuning into 640. Then, assuming they have non-shilled programming or yet another repeat of C2C. What a colossal shame that, in Canada's largest media market, a station cannot put on live and local programming. Forget the stigma of weekend ratings, there ARE people that are hungry for some kind of new programming and not the dog's breakfast of infomercial and reject/has-been menu from 1010.

I agree.  Frankly, it's pathetic.  One show I will tune into on the weekend is 'Viewpoints' on CKTB, where they actually discuss the top stories in the news.  It's on around noon, and is very good.

Sun Jun 11 5:11 pm  #4

If only radio could just toss up a test pattern.  Corporate radio is BAD radio.  They're carpet-baggers.  The profits are all scuttled out of town...helping to throw the local economy, at least to some degree, under the bus.

The less 'Cyber Space' knows about me the better.  As a result I do not use my real name.  I would be willing to use yours' though.  No?  OK then.  So you 'get' it.  We're good.

Sun Jun 11 7:02 pm  #5

Charlie wrote:

One show I will tune into on the weekend is 'Viewpoints' on CKTB, where they actually discuss the top stories in the news.  It's on around noon, and is very good.

Actually it starts at 10 AM and is three hours long. I find the most interesting and topical guests are generally in the first two hours, so you should try to listen to it early. , 

Sun Jun 11 10:48 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Charlie wrote:

One show I will tune into on the weekend is 'Viewpoints' on CKTB, where they actually discuss the top stories in the news.  It's on around noon, and is very good.

Actually it starts at 10 AM and is three hours long. I find the most interesting and topical guests are generally in the first two hours, so you should try to listen to it early. , 

Thanks, I will!  It sure beats employment lawyers and bad trivia shows.

Mon Jun 12 10:19 am  #7

Charlie wrote:

It sure beats employment lawyers and bad trivia shows.

I thought I was the only one critical of RB's Trivia show. Good lord, that show sounds like what life would be like under nazi control. The endless rules the host, a SCTV Mel Slurrup sound alike, has go on forever. Sadly, he bills himself as a comedian; two words: false advertising.