sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2017 5:57 pm  #1

Jack's Back With A New Radio Show - But Not On 'RB

The man whose jewellery stores seem to be perpetually going out of business is coming back on radio - but not as a sponsor. AM 640 has started running promos for "The Jack Berkovits Show" which will air Sunday afternoons from 5-7 PM, with the first hour opposite Tim Hudak's Ontario-wide talker on Bell, which runs on CFRB.

Many here will remember when Berkovits was plying both his trade and tirades on CFRB, raising questions about whether a sponsor should be given free air time in the guise of a talk show. I'm not sure if this one is paid time or not, but AM 640 is playing with fire in at least one aspect.

Berkovits was a major and frequent advertiser on NewsTalk 1010 when his show was on there. When he was summarily dismissed - despite his repeated on air claims that his program was extremely popular and they couldn't keep up with all the listeners phoning in - all his ads on 'RB ceased and I haven't heard one on there since. 

He regularly appears on AM 640 beating the drum about all the bargains available at his soon-to-be-defunct stores, likely earning Corus some bucks. If his show isn't a success and disappears, I wonder where he'll go next. There are only two major talkers in town and this is the final one airing his ads.

Still no sign of it listed on the station's website, but I imagine it's coming.  

April 25, 2017 7:36 pm  #2

Re: Jack's Back With A New Radio Show - But Not On 'RB

Who?