sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2016 8:20 pm  #1

Milt Conway

Those in the Central Ontario-Barrie area will certainly remember the smooth golden sound of Milt Conway on CHAY and CKVR.

​Sadly silenced.

http://www.canadianobituaries.com/simcoe/43151-milton-milt-conway-october-24-2016

October 25, 2016 9:59 pm  #2

Re: Milt Conway

Being a native of Barrie I can remember Milt from the early 60's...

Yours truly was a "guest" on Romper Room on C.K.V.R. in early 1961...(and yes I was age appropriate for my appearance)....I still have my  "class" photo with Miss Dorothy...a black and white glossy...

I remember Mr. Conway because he drove a very old car...Model A or Model T or something like that...we'd see him occasionally out and about in it on the Barrie streets...

R.I.P.

Last edited by unclefester (October 25, 2016 11:40 pm)

October 26, 2016 11:14 am  #3

When I was a young boy, my parents and I would holiday at my Grandparents; in Perkinsfield Ontario....near Midland, Penatang  My Pépère had a B&W TV.  It was hooked up to a TV antenna.  The only channel they could receive was Channel 3, CKVR Barrie.  I would watch for hours on a rainy day and the only person I saw was Milt Conway.  He did everything!  I mean he was on more than Wolf Blitzer!  Mr. Conway was a true professional and I didn't know his brother was Alex Reynolds of CHCH fame.

October 26, 2016 1:16 pm  #4

John D wrote:

I didn't know his brother was Alex Reynolds of CHCH fame.

Or that his middle name was Tudoroff...