sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2016 4:51 pm  #1

Keith Hampshire Alive & Well & Reliving His Jays Days

From the National Post:

OK, Blue Jays: Meet the singer behind Toronto’s iconic baseball song

Gotta admit I never tweaked into the fact that was the old 'FH jock doing the lead on that famous song.

October 9, 2016 6:52 pm  #2

Re: Keith Hampshire Alive & Well & Reliving His Jays Days

Good for Keith.  He deserves to be remembered for his various accomplishments.  I remember working with him on the odd free-lance thing and would run into him at our agent's down town offices fairly frequently...  I still think of him every now and then and we still play his classic hits from time to time.  [although not the gold record.]

All the best Keefer.

October 10, 2016 8:35 am  #3

KEEFERS!  He's been my friend since we worked together at CKFH.  A very long time ago.  A great family man.  A very kind and professional human being.

October 10, 2016 8:40 am  #4

One of the best!

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

October 10, 2016 2:20 pm  #5

I remember him as the voice on "The First Cut Is The Deepest" and "Day Time, Night Time".  Great voice.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

August 19, 2018 9:12 am  #6

Former FH jock Keith Hampshire has a very long but revealing interview with Toronto Mike, for those who remember him from both his radio, jingle and hitmaking days.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 367: Keith Hampshire 

August 19, 2018 9:40 am  #7

And Keith's not the only one in the family with some history in radio...his daughter Laura is at CHML in Hamilton...

https://globalnews.ca/author/laura-hampshire/

Now, I do have to admit, when I am at a Jays game, I dance to that song, and stretch it out!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

August 19, 2018 3:09 pm  #8

One of the co-writers of the Blue Jays song was Tony Kosinic who got a fair bit of air play on Canadian free form radio and then had a can con hit with this song in 1973 well before Ok Blue Jays:

Last edited by Fitz (August 19, 2018 3:12 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

August 22, 2018 3:42 am  #9

I remember enjoying Keith's 'Music Machine'  TV show.  That 'boy' sure could sing.  That was back in the day when Tony Kosinec's All Things Come from God was getting its airplay.  I remember spinning it in regular Canadian rotation.  Tony...rather reminiscent of Chris De Burgh...would never score another hit.  ['cept of course for OK Blue Jays...as its composer.]